Selected Conference Presentations
- “Queer States of Security: Police Violence, Sovereignty, and Freedom in Korea.” (Korean) The Queer Studies Session of the 8th LGBTI Human Rights Forum. Seoul, S. Korea 2016.
- “Specters of Seoul: The Militarization of Visibility.” Discussions on Asia: The Midwest Graduate Conference. Minneapolis, MN 2014.
- “Specters of Seoul: The Militarization of Visibility.” Association of Asian Studies. Philadelphia, PA 2014.
- “Militarized Futures: Gay Men in a Precarious South Korea.” American Anthropological Association. Chicago, IL 2013.
- “Good Mothers, Gay Sons: Affective Personhood in South Korea.” American Anthropological Association. San Francisco, CA 2012.
- “Bloody Little Secrets: Narrating Coming Out in South Korea.” Southern Anthropological Society. Birmingham, AL 2012.
- “Discussions Worth Having: Blending Anthropological Methodology and Pedagogy.” Graduate Teaching Assistant Conference Roundtable. Atlanta, GA 2012.
- “Bodies Bleeding: Queering Docility in South Korean Cinema.” Emory University’s Third Annual Studies in Sexualities Graduate Student Conference “Queering/Embodying: Materiality Beyond Identity.” Atlanta, GA 2012.
- “Clandestinity: Coming Out in South Korea.” Southeastern Conference of the Association of Asian Studies. Greenville, SC, 2012.
- “Bloodied and Broken Docility: Queering Gay Bodies in South Korean Cinema.” New Voices: Bodies of Influence. Atlanta, GA, 2012.
- “Sleeping with Culture: Homosexuality and the Queering of Identity in South Korea.” Asheville Queer Studies Conference. Asheville, NC, 2011.
- “Sexually Displaced or Culturally Misplaced? The Search for a ‘Homosexual Identity’ in South Korea.” Southeastern Women’s Studies Association Conference. Atlanta, GA, 2011.
- “The Threat of One’s Labor: Queer Activism and Korea’s Capitalist Imaginaries.” Institute for Cross-Cultural Studies Brown Bag. Seoul National University, 2016.
- “Militarized Futures: Gay Men in a Precarious South Korea.” UMN Department of Anthropology Brown Bag Series, 2014.
- “Goodness/Gayness: Objects of Happiness and the Mothering of Korea.” UMN Asian Literature, Culture, Media Colloquium, 2013.
- “Mothers and Affect: Encounters with Gay Sons in South Korea.” UMN Department of Anthropology Brown Bag Series, 2012.